Since its construction in 1905, the original building of the Riga City Art Museum has been an important landmark located within Riga’s ring of boulevards. The extension, restoration and reconstruction of the Latvian National Museum of Art in 2015 has added a number of new qualities to this public space, including storage space for artworks, restoration studios and the complex technical infrastructure of the new underground area.
Built in 1905 |reconstruction in 2016
Original building in 1905 by Wilhelm Neumann
Location: Jāņa Rozentāla laukums 1, Rīga, Latvia
Architects: Processoffice and Andrius Skiezgelas Architecture
photo: by Ansis Starks | courtesy of architects